Blog of the NAFA UK trip, summer 2006

This is a blog chronicling a trip to the UK made by 36 members of the National Association of Fellowships Advisors (NAFA), June 25 - July 5, 2006.

Name:
Location: Grinnell, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

NAFA's brave new world -- a blog!

Hello Fellow NAFAns, and welcome to the blog for the NAFA UK trip, June 26-July 5, 2006. My name is Doug Cutchins, I'm the Director of Social Commitment at Grinnell College, and I will be one of 36 NAFA members traveling to Cambridge, Wales, and Ireland in the coming weeks as a part of the 2006 UK professional development trip. Each member of the trip will play a role, and I've been assigned the role of Official Blogger.

My hope is that I will be able to post a report almost daily during our trip, letting you all know of our experiences and what we are learning. This will not be a comprehensive journal of what we are doing and the sessions we attend; my understanding is that others will be assigned these tasks, and that complete notes will be made available after the trip has concluded. Instead, I hope to offer everyone a peek inside our travels, showing you the highlights (and lowlights?), the points that I find to be most salient, and a virtual seat on our trip.

I recognize that I have a fine line to walk. I tend towards the irreverent, and blogs are often shot from the hip. However, this is a professional development experience, and I do not want it to look like we are off on a college- or university-sponsored junket. I hope you will all bear with me as I try to fulfill my mission of informing you in an entertaining way.

I'll also be happy to answer any questions you have along the way. I believe that if you register with blogger.com you will be able to post a comment, or you can feel free to email me at cutchins(at)grinnell(dot)edu.

This post is really just to let you know of this blog's existence. I head out on Sunday, and will perhaps post my next commentary from the airport. If not, look for something on Monday or Tuesday from Cambridge. You might want to bookmark this page and check back regularly.

Tally ho!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is a great idea. I will give the URL to my family, since I'll be on the trip. Remind me to ask you what a "Director of Social Commitment" does...

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home